Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Commercials and CHidults

Unemployed Dad makes $63/hr!

Pittsburgh mom makes $63/hr!

Mom learns secret to whitening teeth from home!

Ok, my question is… Who is stupid enough to fall for these??? ^^^  They’re just links to another blog now but on other pages they’re links to the SAME SALES SITES…

This brings me to my first point.  Who, in their right mind, would buy something from a commercial on the radio now a days?

I specifically avoid the following:

  • Radio Commercials for specific products
  • TV Commercials for specific products
  • Radio Commercials for services
  • Internet Ads for just about everything

Now, what I mean by ‘avoid’ is simple.  I would NEVER purchase something from a commercial I heard about on the radio UNLESS that is a restaurant or something such as a game/movie/show coming out.  I would also never call a service from radio either(mortgage lender/debt reduction/etc). Same goes for TV commercials they have just never proven to be trustworthy and after reading web sites like this (http://www.ripoffreport.com/) it seems like every single commercial you see anywhere is linked to some lame scheme to steal your money in one way or the other.  For the record, I know http://www.ripoffreport.com/ is a bad example but the website I used to love (infomercialscams.com) is gone for now. 

And I would NEVER or from/use a web page that is in the ads section of a search engine like google.  Let alone, use a service that is advertised on some page or is blinking and says I’m the 10,000th visitor….

What to do to solve this problem?  Figure out a new venue… The current advertising venue is old and lame and has been taken over by scammers and companies that aren’t trustworthy.  Mind you, there ARE some good companies that advertise obviously but they’re many many more scammer ads.

They all try to work you in to some damn subscription type process…

MY NEXT POINT…

Chidults (Child-like adults)…  This complaint stems from some friends we have… I’ll start by explaining what I mean.

I mean the people that are, I’d say 16> is a good age range and act like they have the mentality of four year olds.  Heck my sister (now 6) when she was four was more mature than the 2 friends I’m talking about.

Now let me tell you the stories so you can understand what I’m referring to…

Story 1

When my wife and I were getting married is the first time I started noticing it.  Noticing these 2 seemed to have to copy everything we did.  First, they complained about how “we had to have our wedding before them but they’re older” WHAT? We decided to get married and set our date based on the best time for us and the people we hired for it.  Not to top them as we didn’t really even know before that that they were getting married.  That is because of another smaller story.  They decided to get married after they both talked about not being sure about it.  One, in particular, the female said she’d call it off if another guy at work asked her out A MONTH BEFORE THE WEDDING.  He didn’t, I guess luckily, but after they got married he did mention to someone that he thought she was cute but wouldn’t want to mess up her new marriage.  Anyway, their wedding happened a few months after ours and it was oddly the same… They had it in the same place (ok because it is a nice place), they played the same type of a recessional music (ours was very unique and there’s was STRANGELY only about one off of ours…

That ones not HORRIBLE but there is more to come…

Story 2

This one is out of chronological order from the last but it has to do with housing.  I got a new job and we started looking for an apartment.  My wife had been told by the one(we’ll call her Barb) that she didn’t want to move out yet and wasn’t ready and preferred to live at home for a while more.  Barb then came over that weekend and went and not 3 days later they were LOOKING AT HOUSES.  Oh, that’s one thing I forgot to mention about these morons, they have to attempt to top everything we do… ATTEMPT… I really could care less what they do as we are happy..  They hurried up and bought some old house anyway.

Story 3

The last and final story, there ARE a lot more but not for today… RECENTLY we mentioned someday we were going to get a wiener dog… At the time we were told by them both they hated wiener dogs because they were ’stupid’ or ‘peed to much’.  2 days ago one texted everyone on her contacts list telling them they were going to get a wiener dog in a couple days from a lady!  Wow… what a surprise..

In closing, I’d just like to say, if you do read this (those who it’s about) and you know it’s about you then GOOD.  I hope you now know just how stupid you look.  It’s horribly transparent and just shows how immature you actually are.  Haha..

As I stated before, if I really cared I could do any of the stuff they have.  If I was really worried about them showing us up or having any of the stuff we want immediately we would have bought a house and we would have a wiener dog now.  But it’s not as important as being comfortable and being able to have freedoms hence the reason we don’t have any of that stuff yet.  As a final statement I’d like to challenge those 2 to have a kid.  Have fun (they haven’t used protection since they met)…

No comments:

Post a Comment