Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Google Chrome

Chromalicious

Wow. I am not impressed easily, especially when it comes to Internet browsers, but Google Chrome is fantastic. I installed Chrome on a whim to replace my IE that has never worked with Flash. [Before you start hating, I had used Mozilla as my default browser for the last couple years.] To my surprise, Google Chrome is at least twice as fast as Mozilla. I verified this info from the always *trustworthy* Wikipedia.

Outside of a significantly faster browser, there are a few other impressive reasons to make the switch. Chrome has a built in Google search feature in the URL bar. This save the space of having to download a search engine toolbar and the associated junk that comes along with it into your browser. The minimalist approach to the overall design is very nice. I feel like I can more easily focus on the content of the web page I am on, instead of outside widgets and what not. There is enough garbage on a typical webpage that I do not need 6 inches of header space taken up with junk toolbars. And finally, there is a nifty little theme application that lets you personalize the look and feel of your browser.

My new setup: Chrome with the new Yahoo as my home page. Go me!

Moral of the story, give Chrome a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment