Monday, September 21, 2009

Stop The Confirmation!

As a shameless self promoter of The Casual Mafia, I am continually looking for websites to plug our genius sketches.  I find blogs and websites who feature funny videos or just videos in general and you know grease the wheel… get us some free publicity.  Listen I don’t mind joining newsletters from astronomy.com or causeIsaidso.com, but please stop making me go to my email to confirm the membership.  I just signed up didn’t I?  Why do I have to confirm it!?  It’s kind of like if I went to a restaurant and ordered a steak and the waiter took the order, but I had to go back to the chef and say, “Yes I definitely want the steak.  Can I get redirected back to my seat now?”  I mean seriously, why do they do this?  I am gonna go out tonight and say to the first girl I see, “Would like to sleep with me?  Yes.  Great.  Could you please email me a confirmation email, and when you click confirm you’ll be redirected to my pants.  Great thanks, see you in a few minutes, I have to buy condoms.”  It can be easier right?  I don’t know how to build websites or whatever, but just stop sending me confirmation emails.  I really don’t mind getting spam, I really don’t, I hate HATE having to confirm my membership.  ”Oh hi I’m Josh.  Yep, I think you look great in that dress.  No you don’t look fat!  Send me an email, I’ll click to confirm.”

MONDAY HAIKU

Confirm this email

Do you like Karate Kicks?

We miss you Swayze.

No comments:

Post a Comment